Sunday, February 28, 2016 | By: JustPJ

CIC Ghost Email

Based on Canada Visa Forum, it is raining passport requests (PPR) starting 25 February for Filipino applicants. At first, almost all of them have changes on their background check from not needed to in progress.

I was ignoring our MyCIC account since the start of February to avoid anxiety. LOL, as if I avoided it. I tried hard not to open our account but, fine, I am honestly opening it once in a while but not 10x a day or more unlike before, LOL. But when co-Filipinos' PR application started to get some updates on their background check, the award of the most logged in applicant was given back to me, LOL. This CIC stage is really a nerve racking ordeal. Thus, an intake of more coffee is a must.

Okay, so here goes the story. While my husband and I were travelling home to the province, with an intermittent connection, I opened our MyCIC then to my surprise there goes the word "updated". Oh well, can you imagine me, sitting straight and almost on hysterical mode while showing my husband the word "updated" hahaha. I did. Frustrating part is when I clicked on the "check status and messages", there is no update. None at all. I checked and checked, and oh, I waited until midnight but still no update. Okay, so I moved on and slept. Here is my screenshot below. Funny, my adrenaline rush does not hinder me from forgetting that I need to always do the screenshot for all updates in our application. That is for my blog purposes, LOL (smiley).


Next day, 26 February, when I woke up, I checked again our MyCIC but to no avail there is still no update. Okay, so I just accepted that I just received, for the very first time, a ghost email from CIC and I just consoled myself that at least CIC is checking on our application. However, on the same day at almost 11:00 AM, I received an email saying that "your application x x x has been updated". Oh my God, I do not really really know what to do because for the past months that we are on PR stage, receiving such email from CIC, just confirms that there is really an update in your account. See below:


Darn, I left my ipad at home so I just have to rely on my small phone and went directly to our MyCIC. But then again, there is no update showing in our account. I also opened our submitted documents. I checked everything in our MyCIC searching for the one who had the update. Frustrating experience but there is no update.

So, this is what they call ghost email in CIC. Grrrr... LOL. My NB friends are telling me that our PPR is coming, even in forums that is what they are telling. I do not want to expect much because first of all our PR application is only 2 months old today, 28 February. Nonetheless, we are praying hard that a good news will come very soon especially the PPR thing.  I honestly want to graduate with flying colors in our PR application because it is giving me so much anxiety and stress.

Another waiting game week for us. My husband and I needs to pray more and ask our Father God guidance. He knows the desire of our hearts and we believe that He will give us His grace In His time.

7 comments:

sarkangel said...

malapit na yan!

JustPJ said...

thank you po sarkangel.

Nida Javed said...

Please update if you got the visa or no?

JustPJ said...

Hi Nida, you can read all my posts here. Landed since May 3, 2016 here in NB. All the best to your application.

Unknown said...

Hi, has CIC granted you the PR. I also got the same message with no update.

JustPJ said...

Yep, and landed already @ghenga.

Jaura, Varinder Partap Singh said...

HOw long it took after the Ghost update to get your PPR ?

Post a Comment