Wednesday, March 16, 2016 | By: JustPJ

CIC Passport Submission

Receiving a PPR from CIC will not let us think twice to submit our passports, LOL. If only we did not received it on a Friday then maybe the next day, we went directly to VFS.Global Makati, Philippines (VFS.Global) to submit it. Imagine waiting for the PPR for how many days and months.

Anyway, VFS.Global is one of Canada's Visa Application Centres (CVACs) designated to accept applications for study permits, work permits, visitor visas and travel documents for permanent residents. I believe we fall on the highlighted and underlined words. So, VFS.Global Makati is located at:

Canada Visa Application Centre
VFS Service Phils. Pvt. Inc.
Mezzanine Floor Ecoplaza Bldg.
Chino Roces Ave. Ext.
Makati City, 1231 Philippines

So, last Monday, 14 March 2016, I went down from our province (Baguio City) to Manila to meet my husband to prepare our documents before submitting our passports to VFS.Global. I forgot to blog that I tendered my resignation last January and had my last day of work last 26 February 2016. As advised by our soon to be neighbor senior member in NB, fjd2011, I informed CIC via their Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) about my resignation and requested for a change of address since at first I opted to use my office address. I did not receive any confirmation from CIC but in our PPR letter, they have already used our home address. Thus, confirming our CSE for said resignation and change of address.

Going back, yesterday, 15 March 2016, we went to Great Image for our photoshoot, LOL. First, we printed the pdf specification which is attached as a link in our PPR letter. We told our official photographer, LOL, to strictly follow what is stated in the photograph specifications as shown below:


Note that our photographer was the one who printed the specifications needed at the back of our photos as shown above. So better check the details written there.

Afterwhich, we printed our PPR letter and filled up Schedule A (also attached in said letter), signed it and there, we have all the required documents as specifically stated by CIC in page 2, step 3, as follows:


Then today, 16 March 2016, we went to VFS.Global Makati to submit our passports for permanent resident visa stamping. Can you feel the excitement? LOL. Funny that I literally felt nervous the whole time we were at VFS.Global when all we have to do is submit our passports. Good thing the staffs there are all kind so the anxiety is much bearable. And oh, I was again teary eyed when we went out of said room. I am still overwhelmed with all that is happening and cannot still put in my mind that we are actually going to Canada. Thus, the explanation why I am too emotional. 

First, we have to pass on the guard who will tell you to "please surrender your bags to the baggage counter and only the required documents are allowed inside the vicinity of CVACs". We were charged P100.00 at the baggage counter. Secondly, we were directed to the CVACs room. Note that at VFS.Global, they cater visa applications to different countries and not only for Canada. At CVACs, the guard told us to switch off our cellphones and we have to show him we are turning off our phones, LOL. Thirdly, we were directed to the receptionist who will then, in our case, check on our PPR letter, Schedule A, passports and photos. She was telling us the kind of service they have but since our future neighbor member in NB, neilyong7, shared to us that they paid for P605.00 package which are:

  1. P537.00 per passport - Secure transmission of passport to the Embassy of Canada in Makati City, Philippines upon request by visa office.
  2. P68.00 per person - SMS notifications once our passports are ready for pick-up.

I told the receptionist right away that we wanted to pick-up our passports and we only wanted the package above, LOL.

There is no queue at CVAC. When the staff called us, we submitted only our PPR letter and Schedule A (2 copies each), photos (2 copies each) and passports. We have a brown envelope with us just in case they will ask for one but no need to bring one. They actually have a long and transparent plastic gray envelope (upper and lower are colored gray, LOL) and a colored pouch (I think) with a size of a letter envelope. The staff put our documents separately in two envelopes and zip locked it. He then printed our receipts plus I think barcodes which he put in each of our passports, then viola, we have submitted our passports in more or less 15 minutes. We paid for a total of P1,210.00 for their service. Below is the instruction once our passports are ready for pick up:



Thus, another waiting game for the both of us and hopefully all will go well on our PR visa stamping. Bye for now our passports, the next time we will see each other, you'll be more beautiful with a visa stamped on it.



Thank you again dear Father God for all the guidance You have given us throughout our Canada dream journey for our little R. All of these are not happening right now without You by our side.


17 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been reading your pr journey till now and I am so happy that you are getting it,finally!!All the best to you and your husband..please keep on writing the blog once you reach Canada aswell.May God bless you!!

JustPJ said...

Hi Rakhi, first of all thank you. And yes, I will continue blogging. I wish you well in your application. God bless you too.

phoebehyacinth said...

hello po, may I know how long would it take for NB to complete their assessment? I just received an email acknowledging that my documents have been received at their Fredericton office.

JustPJ said...

Hi phoebehyacinth, if no additional document/s, 6-8 weeks. Good luck on your application.

Unknown said...

thank you for the mention ms PJ! feeling sikat here.. lol -neilyong7

JustPJ said...

of course sir neilyong7. :)

phoebehyacinth said...

Hello JustPJ,
Please add me to the whatsapp group for Filipino applicants. My # is +639157371959

Thanks! ;)

JustPJ said...

done phoebehyacinth. :)

Unknown said...

hi! I just want to ask.. you submitted your passports on march 16, have you got it back already? I will submit mine on wednesday and I'm curious on when it will be returned to us with the visa. :)

blogger said...

I was diagnosed with poor ovarian reserve and very bad prognosis of having a baby with my own eggs. I was even given the option to consider donor eggs. That was around july 2014. I was absolutely devastated with the news and I arranged an IVF for November 2014 and it failed also, given that I had nothing to lose, I contacted Dr.Agbazara i meet online and he send me his herbal product,. Believe it or not... I am already pregnant within few after his help. contact him today with any kind of problem and be happy like me on ( agbazara@gmail.com )

JustPJ said...

Hi thinking out loud, VOH after more than a month. it is a case to case basis depending on your officer. Thanks kill li.

Unknown said...

hi mam, i have read your post. This Friday, my husband already received a letter from CIC containing instructions on what to do next. I have our passports and photos ready. Is the PPR letter the same with that of the one sent by CIC with Appendix B attached to it? The one needing the details of the Primary applicant and other family members?How about "Schedule A"? What is this? And is it necessary that i bring my son with me to the office when we submit the requirements?

Thank you in advance for your patience in answering all of my inquiries.

Have a nice day.

JustPJ said...

Hi Praxede, the PPR letter sample is in another blog post. You can check on it. Schedule A or Appendix B is the same. This is the one attached to the PPR letter. Just fill that up. You may or you may not bring your son because all you need to do is submit your passports and pay the required fees. The instructions are all in the PPR letter especially the authorization side, if you choose to pick up or mail your passports. Good luck.

Unknown said...

How long CIC takes to send back the passports?
I sent it to the bogota office on 04/11/2016 and Now and waiting for them...

JustPJ said...

Hi Caro. Passport return in our country, Manila VO takes a week to a month's return. Ours were returned after 1 month but how come you have not received yet your passport. Better email your VO or make a phone call. I did email mine because as I've said it took 1 month for it to be returned and I am so worried also during that time. My VO did not reply but it at least move via VFS, MVO's legitimate agency for visa stamping and issuance. Good luck.

Unknown said...

hello, can you tell me how long you waited until your passport were ready to be pickedup?

Unknown said...

hello, can you tell me how long you waited until your passport were ready to be pickedup?

Post a Comment