Saturday, December 19, 2015 | By: JustPJ

CIC ITA

We are so happy to share here that we finally received an ITA from CIC through its 23rd draw which happened yesterday, 18 December 2015 and I quote:
MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (DECEMBER 18, 2015)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on December 18, 2015 and ending on December 19, 2015 is 1,503.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on December 18, 2015 at 15:56:10 UTC, have been assigned a total of 460 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

Our CRS is sitting at 919 after an addition of 600 points because of our nomination to NBPNP. Since our nomination last 8 December 2015 with NBPNP, I have been expecting an ITA from CIC and is just waiting for the draw. I never knew that the waiting game for the draw will still bring butterflies on my stomach, LOL, followed by tears of joy after receiving the good news.

We were travelling from Manila going home to the province when I receive the good news. I thought there will be no more draws. I honestly thought about it because usually the draw will come at around past 10:00 PM, Philippine time. I have been checking CIC and the forum to see if there is a draw but when 12:00 AM came, I prayed and slept. When I jolted out of sleep and checked on my yahoo at around 3:54 AM, Philippine time, I saw a word CIC on my mail. I suddenly sit straight. I tried opening MyCIC but cannot go through so I opened Canada Visa forum and, boom, the draw is out. I tapped my husband with excitement and told him there is a draw that just happened and we are part of the 1,503 who were invited for permanent residency. We are so happy. Very timely for my birthday and our 7th wedding anniversary on the 20th of December. A very overwhelming gift it is. Indeed, God is so good. Thank you dear Father God.


Off now to the next stage. Yes, congratulations to us. We are closer, more than ever, to becoming parents to our little R. Again, thank you dear Father God for continuously guiding and leading us with our Canada dream for little R.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm glad finally, you have received it! Congrats!
Thanks for the substantial information you are giving. I am reading all of these and following your advises and similarly I am preparing in advance.

Take Care and Merry Christmas!

KM

Anshul said...

Hi Katrina
Congratulations !!
Can you point out in email to me yadav26@gmail.com ; that how you have proceeded for the NBPNP nomination. any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards and have a safe stay in Canada.
Anshul

JustPJ said...

Hi Katrina. sorry for the late reply and thank you very much for dropping by my blog. i am happy to know that my blog is helping some of you here. All the best on your application. Happy New Year.

JustPJ said...

Hi Anshul. Read on this link for NBPNP: http://www.welcomenb.ca/content/wel-bien/en/immigrating_and_settling/how_to_immigrate/new_brunswick_provincialnomineeprogram/New_Brunswick_express_entry.html

And visit this site for schedule of information sessions given by NBPNP: http://livinginnb.ca/

All the best on your application. Happy New Year.

Fritz said...

Hi Again JustPJ,

We were going thru the CIC requirements and would like to confirm if your husband was required to provide a TOR from his college and does it need to go thru the usual ECA process? we have lots of questions but this is on the very top of our concerns right now. Thanks again :D

JustPJ said...

Hi Fritz. During CIC stage, I still attached my husband's TOR and diploma. It does not have an ECA report. Good luck.

Fritz said...

Hi JustPJ,

Haven't submitted the application yet for CIC because our agency that I initially signed up for is requesting that my spouses letter of reference(COE) contain their Job details, hours worked for the month/weekly and etc... basically the same details I had on my letter of references. Was it the same for your husband or just a COE from their employers will suffice?

Thanks! :D

JustPJ said...

Hi Fritz. Are you the PA? If yes, are you claiming points with that of your spouse? If not, then better remove your spouse's work history so you will not need to get a reference letter. Just put the details of the work history in his personal history. That is what I did. I have a COE of my husband just like what CIC asked for but I opted to remove his work history just to be on the same side. Good luck.

Sep123 said...

Hi JustPJ,

first of all.. Let me thank you for sharing your experience to us. This definitely us in so many ways...

About my application: I just received NBPNP nomination 2 days ago. Yes, we are so excited. We are just waiting now for the ITA.

Q about ITA, after you received ITA, how many days are the requirements for submitting all the docs. Did you received checklist?
Passport and NBI questions: Our passport is less than 2 yrs old. do you think its wise now to renew them? For NBI clearance, since Aug 10 is the last draw for EE, I am looking forward that it will have another before the end of this month. do you think its wise also to apply for NBI now?

thank you.

Sana magkita tayo dyn sa NB. :)

JustPJ said...

Hello Sep123. Congratulations on your nomination. I am not sure as I cannot remember, LOL, but I think we are given 60 days (I maybe wrong) to upload our documents. I hope you have scanned your NBPNP docs to save time scanning. The checklist is all about the ones you submitted during you EE app. Passport, no need to renew now but NBI, better get a new one now coz during our time it is 2-weeks waiting period. If you also have your CIC ITA, you can now do your upfront medical. Read on to my next 2 posts (I think). All the best on your CIC stage. See you here in NB.

cc-a said...

Hi PJ, regarding your post about not including the work history of your husband, does it mean you never included/ submitted his COEs for the CIC stage?

JustPJ said...

Hi cc-a. At first I included my husband's work in the EE. I have his CIC format COE but decided to remove them and put them only on his personal history to avoid so many questions and review, LOL. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Hi, PJ

We got our CIC invitation last March 24, the 57th draw. We are now preparing our documents. We are down to NBI/police clearance and medical exam. Can I join your group (if any) for me to have somebody to ask to?

Best regards.

Danny

JustPJ said...

Hi Danny. If you're a Filipino then you can post your number here so I can add you to whatsapp. Congrats and good luck.

Unknown said...

Hi, PJ

My number is 09175171294

Thank you!

JustPJ said...

Hi Danny, added you. Good luck.

Post a Comment