Thursday, July 21, 2016 | By: JustPJ

The Canadian Cards

Bonjour mon cher blog.  I can now finally blog on all our Canadian (and New Brunswickers) cards, giggling here.

Firstly, we finally received today our permanent resident cards after our landing last 3 May 2016. I can cry right now. I am just so happy seeing and holding our diplomas. The fruit of our labor. Our PR cards. These cards will always remind me to never be afraid to dream big, to chase your dream and most especially, never give up on your dream.

Honestly, until now, I am still in awe and trying to absorb as much as I can that we are really here in the maple leaf country. Last year, I was only googling the places here but now we are framed in the picturesque sceneries and natural beauty of New Brunswick. And very soon, the other provinces of Canada. Hey, we have our PR cards now which only means we can now travel, LOL. Here is a selfie of our PR cards.


Secondly, our medicare cards. We applied our medicare cards before Service New Brunswick (SNB) on our second day here in Fredericton. We only presented our passports and COPRs (today, however, they now require other provincial nominees for a contract of lease for 1 year) and the SNB staff told us that we will receive our medicare cards after 4 weeks. On the 2nd week, SNB wrote us a letter informing us to update our permanent address and date of landing. We have the option to fax it to SNB but we chose to go directly to their office and gave them the required documents. On the 3rd week, SNB wrote us a letter again informing us of our medicare card's number and that the cards are coming very soon. Thus, on or before 4 June 2016 (4th week), our medicare cards were couriered to us.

Thirdly, our government issued IDs in lieu of a driver's license. I read somewhere in Canada visa forum that we can apply for a government ID if we do not have a driver's license. Both me and my husband has no talent in driving, LOL. We have yet to take a written tests and driving lessons. So, what we did, we went to SNB to inquire on the government ID and they told us that we can get one on the same day. The ID, however, will not entitle us to drive. We paid for more or less CAD56.00 each. They took a picture of us as our photo ID, signed and printed our government ID in more or less 5 minutes and viola, instant identification card with our address on it.

Lastly, our library cards. Almost every government facilities here in New Brunswick are free and, yes, including the public library. You can go there to access the internet (I think we can print here too but haven't really tried), borrow books and borrow DVDs too, LOL. I am actually waiting for Game of Thrones Season 6, hahaha. All you need is to get a library card so you can take home with you books or DVDs. The card is free.

There goes the Canadian cards. I am putting together in one frame our medicare, government ID and library cards as shown below:



I just can't believe we are holding them all now. I never thought our infertility situation will bring us this far. We only desire for our own child but we never had imagined that this longingness will take us to a place we never imagined in our entire life. In our so many ups and downs, the only thing that has keep us going is our faith to our Father God because, more than ever, we believe that little R will come in His most precious perfect time.


19 comments:

benggay said...

Congratulations!!! I just recently saw your blog , to be exact yesterday July 21, 2016 when I was looking for a sample of the list of accompanying goods and goods to follow and I had learned from your blog that there was a new form. From there, I browsed on your other entries...very inspiring...sending you both all the best and luck!!!Thank you for having the time, the talent and the generosity to share your experiences ...I was really grateful to people like you for lessening the burden of other people in the same boat as yours

sarkangel said...

i can't wait to be a PR of Canada!

Unknown said...

Congrats PJ .May god bless you with all the happiness..!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Pj, i'm so happy for you. From glory to glory in Jesus name!

KARUVARASAN S said...

PJ Very happy for you. God bless you and your family

JustPJ said...

Thank you all. :)

Unknown said...

Hello po nakakainspire po yung blog nyo :) pede ko po ba malaman ang fb profile nyo may itatanong lang po ako. Plan ko po kasi magpasa ng papers sa BC as PNP din po salamat :)

Unknown said...

Hi PJ,

Congratulations on receiving your PR card. Hope you are doing fine.

I wanted to ask you about the Nomination Certificate that we receive after getting nominated under NBPNP.

Actually i got the nomination from NBPNP on 10th July and accepted it on the very next day. I also received the ITA and have submitted all the documents to CIC but still I am awaiting my Nomination Certificate from NBPNP.

Any idea by when should i be receiving it as its been almost over 20 days now and haven't received it yet. I emailed to NBPNP guys but haven't heard from them yet.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on receiving your Canada PR card. Hope you are doing good.

JustPJ said...

Hi Badhet, sorry I cannot share you here. Good luck.

Hi Shival, I received my original Nomination Certificate a month after nomination. Wait a little because it is only through regular mail. Good luck on CIC stage.

Hi Durga, thank you. I wish you the same. Good luck.

Raj said...

Let me thank you for detailed information on entire process besides sharing your feelings!
I have received NB nomination and waiting for CIC draw. I have following questions hope you can provide me necessary information.
I have these questions as I don’t know how CIC application looks like. If at all it’s necessary I can start gathering necessary documents beforehand.
I and my wife are software professionals. I didn’t claim her experience in EE profile as it’s hard to get reference letters from employers. Is there a way that I mention her experience without need of providing necessary supporting documents? I afraid if I don’t mention her experience in CIC full application, CIC might take it for concealing of information.
I have declared my Hire Purchase Car loan as liability in NBPNP application along with LOE stating that outstanding balance is lesser than the market value of the car. Since I am not clear how CIC application looks like, I wonder whether to provide same liability in CIC application as well. If I declare Car loan should I provide supporting document something like Loan certificate from Bank?
If that’s the case, I have declared some of my real properties in net worth form which are huge in size. Should I declare real properties in CIC application too?
If only liquid funds are to be declared in CIC application, I will be free of gathering all above documents. Please advise?

Unknown said...

Hi,

Your blogs are really inspiring and a way to keep hope alive. I'm really happy for you 😊

I have a question for you, did you receive any auto reply when you submitted your EOI on 9/3 before getting ITA from NB?
Also what was your score in EOI form?

Unknown said...

Hi PJ,

First of all many congrats on getting the PR.
I came across your blog while I was putting up my application for NB after getting a direct ITA in Abu Dhabi Session in July, 2016. My full application for PN has been received by NB on 16th August, 2016. Now I am waiting for an AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) and wondering how much time would it take for NB to send the AOR? TIA

Unknown said...

Got the AOR yesterday evening. Now waiting time starts for PN... :)

Unknown said...

thank u for the posting your updates

it jobs
it jobs in hyderabad
it jobs in India
it jobs in Freshers
it jobs in experiance

Mahmoud Hermes said...

First congratulation my friend :) , wish to see you there me and my wife , we still prepare my papers , but we need your help regarding this form NBPNP-007 Personal Net Worth Statement , if I have a loan but not finished yet do I need to write it ? or you think will effect on their decision however I am not the main applicant ? , second If I have a credit card do I need to write it also and I am not the main applicant ? could you send me your email to write to you during the process

JustPJ said...

Hi Unknown. If you're not claiming points and can't provide COE for your wife then remove it from her work experience and put the details in her personal history. Whatever I have submitted with NBPNP, I also scanned and uploaded them to CIC because I need to show CIC how we get our POF. So, I suggest you do the same. What is important in CIC stage is that you need to show them you have LIQUID assets to bring here in Canada. You may also go to Year 2015 under December month for the details of my CIC application. Good luck.

Hi Manvi. I think I received an auto-reply and my EOI scores at 68/100. You can go to Year 2015 of my blog posts and under September, you will find there the details of my NBPNP application. Good luck.

Good luck Ibrahim. Good to hear you received your AOR and PNP number.

Thanks navya but my NOC is not with IT but thank you anyway.

Hi Mahmoud. Only PA needs to put a liability with the Personal Networth. Good luck.

Mark007 said...

Hi PJ, can i ask what is your undergrad degree back here in the Philippines? And your husband's too. Thanks. Also, can i directly apply for NBPNP and not go thru CIC EE?

JustPJ said...

Hi Mark007. I sense that you are not reading much about express entry and provincial nomination program. My advice to you is to read every detail of it, that is how we achieve our Canadian dream. Know that we applied for NBPNP to add an additional 600 pts to our CIC Express Entry score so you have to go through with CIC after getting a nomination from any province. And bare in mind that you have to stay in your nominated province if you are a provincial nominee but if your score is high in Express Entry and you get invited then you can choose any province to land to. Getting a nomination from any province does not get you here in Canada, you have to apply for a permanent residency visa and that is where the CIC Express Entry comes. You can also backread from my other blog posts for your questions because everything in our application is detailed in here. All the best.

Post a Comment