Thursday, June 23, 2016 | By: JustPJ

You May or You May Not

I am posting this to correct myself and I do not want to be associated anymore to a community here in NB. Also, I know many Filipinos are reading my blog because of NBPNP EELMS program so to avoid misleading them all, I am blogging this.

As your Filipino NBPNP (EELMS) to first land here in NB, we are your guinea pigs. I do not ask anyone to believe me but all I can say is all that I have posted here are all based on our own experience. Your choice not mine. You may or you may not. We have our own minds and we can think and decide to ourselves which is good or not. I just do not want anymore of my fellow Filipino NBPNP to experience what we experienced.

Okay, so my husband and I reported to a Filipino community here in NB. If I were given the chance to rewind everything from packing, to our landing, and to our most coveted integration to Canada, I will choose not to report with the community. Why? Because at landing we were obliged to do practice and dance right away. Not to mention the so many activities that we have to go through even if we do not like to plus some bad experiences that I chose not to detail. And, let me not forget the pictures they posted on facebook without our consents which later on we found out that they used it for funding. That's explain why Ashraf does not want to have picture with us when we reported to Population Growth because we have a companion who is from the community.

If you are reading my blog, you will know that we transferred to our apartment almost 2 weeks after landing and started to apply for a job only on the 3rd week. Why? Because of the so many unwanted activities that we have to go through. So many time were wasted but God is still good and guided us to the right path. As CIIP says during our seminar with them, learn to say NO, after all, this is Canada and no longer Philippines. We brought with us our CIIP seminar who really helped us in our integration here. With the many offices they have linked us with, my husband and I will forever be grateful with CIIP.

It is just sad that there are really Filipinos who will take advantage of you. They will even take credit of what we accomplished. Did they even know the struggles we had? The so many sleepless nights of waiting and depression. It is up to us to stop it and fight for our own rights. And yes, we do not owe them anything because we came here in NB as permanent residents. Whatever they used to picked us up in the airport, our accommodation and also the food were all paid up through that funding.

So, we did our last practice and last dance for the community. Sad and bad experience it is but we have chosen to charged it all to experience. We came here for a dream of having our little R and not to practice and dance with the community nor do tiring activities. We struggled to come here for our little R and there is no way they can let us down. My husband and I are just so thankful that we both now have work so we can divert our attentions to what our real purpose of coming here in the maple leaf country.

In the next few days and months, many first batch Filipino NBPNPs are doing their landing here in NB. Some will opt to report to them but most of them will not. It is for us to know and for you Filipino NBPNP to find out. Your choice not us but please bare in mind that as newcomers here in NB, we need to settle down first before anything. You will all come here with your settlement fund on hand but remember that money that we all have will slowly depreciate. You will buy your own things, groceries, rent and utilities will take much of your settlement fund. Mind you, settling and integrating to a new world is not easy. Yes, we do also need a community here, after all, we are all Filipinos but not to the extent of eating a lot of your time. A community will always be here for you but settling first is another story.

Leave with you the politics in the Philippines (which is also here in Canada with fellow Filipinos, tsk, tsk, tsk) plus the crab mentality and start a new life here as a Canadian. In that way, you will learn little by little, how smoothly integration to a new world will come to each one of us.

I also want to emphasize that not all Filipinos here are the same. We just reported to 2 wrong persons and maybe to a wrong community. We just found out that there are 2 Filipino communities here. Why? That I do not know also but you can ask yourselves why then get an answer from there. And for as long as they are the leaders in the community where we reported then it is okay for us not to have a community at all. Anyway, this is Canada. Settle first before anything and do not let anyone take advantage of you just because you are a newcomer.

"Saying yes to happiness, means learning to say no to the things and people, that stress you out." - Anonymous.

27 comments:

sarkangel said...

magtayo ka nalang PJ ng dedicated for NBPNP EELMS hehe.. pampagood vibes naman, i got my nomination on 24th.. and just like u, it is a gift from above cause we are celebrating our anniv today, 27th June :)

JustPJ said...

Hi sarkangel, first of all congratulations to you, yehey. :) And no need for us to have a group, just having our core group as provincial nominees to NBPNP EELMS is enough. Let us just help each other and we all settle first before anything. Good luck on CIC stage. See you here in NB. :)

Unknown said...

Hi, would it be ok to you to cite some of your bad experience in settling down. In this way, I can be aware of and avoid such experience. I'm afraid I can be a victim of that in the future. Many thanks.

Unknown said...

hi PJ, tnong ko lng.. paano mo nlaman ung name position ng nkareceive ng NB PNP full app mo sa fredericton? according to DHL tracking nkrting na ang app ko, pro hindi ko sure qng dun b tlga sa destination n un. i have search his or her name pro hindi ko sure qng sa ppst secondary b tlga xa.. wala pko AOR..

thanks!
KM

my universe in a shoebox said...

hi katrina! kelan lang nkarating yung documents sa nb? did you send it sa address na nakalagay sa document checklist? if so, you are safe. ung sa dhl ba, walang nakalagay na name? signed for by? some of us have searched sa offical canada website - links sa directory ng NB staff... give them and yourself a week or so pra sa AOR.. pag wala pa, try mo mgemail sa knila.

Unknown said...

hello my universe..

yes, inilagay ko po sa folder ung mismong address n nklgy sa nb checklist, un din ang exact address na nilagay ng DHL.

I will still try to search.. wla kc ung signing name n nklgy sa DHL tracker as of my search now.

thanks sa advise.

JustPJ said...

Hi Eloi, no need to detail all our bad experiences. Making this post on my blog just made them go crazy defending themselves. Let alone karma comes back to them. Just learn to say NO and apply your CIIP seminar. All the best on your application.

JustPJ said...

Hi Katrina, just like what my universe says, you are safe when you use NBs address. I think they hired more employees to check and review growing volume of applications. Good luck.

Unknown said...

hello PJ.. i have just received my AOR 2 days after my Full App arrived in NB. I was planning to send them a query as advised, fortunately, they already have sent an email. Thanks for the help.

Unknown said...

Hi PJ thank you for your blog and for the warning na rin, we are applying also for NBPNP, hope you can also help us if God is willing at ma approve kami, God Bless!!

Unknown said...

Hi PJ,
I have been following your blog for a long time and at last nagkaroon na din ng information session dito sa DUbai. I am still worried na baka mareject ako sa NBPNP, lalo na ng nagregister ako at sabi nila kailangan daw wala kang kamaganak sa ibang province, If nilalagay ko ay YEs, hindi ako makaparegister, so ang ginawa ko I said no, tanung ko lang kung nung nagregister kayo for the session, merun bang ganung tanung? or may kamaganak b kayo sa ibang province?

sa july 20 n po ung session at really appreciate kung masasgot nyo ako,

thank you for the time alam kong busy kayo, and I wish you all the best dyan sa NB.


Sincerely,

Louie

JustPJ said...

No problem Katrina. All the best on your application.

Hi Unknown, sure we will. After all, we are provincial nominees of NB so let us help each other settle down and integrate to the Canadian market. I wish you the best on your application.

Hi Louie. I think NB is only strict on immediate relatives (parents, siblings and I think first degree relatives) outside of the province. I honestly do not know how to deal with a relative on NB application because we do not have any immediate relatives in any part of Canada. I just know that some of the 2nd batch of Pinoy NBPNP were nominated by NB. Just go on with the information session. Just show proofs of your real intention to stay in NB. Good luck.

sarkangel said...

hi PJ.. i hope we can get an idea of your monthly expenses? maybe a blog entry about it would help also :)

Unknown said...

Hi, PJ

Let me know your viber account or skype for me to inquire with you directly if you don't mind. My skype ID is tupas_danny.

I am planning to send my application next week. Got my ITA last May 17, however my IELTS expired last May 28, so I have to retake. NBPNP already allowed to extend my deadline.

Regards.

Danny

Unknown said...

Hi PJ! My husband and I got an ITA during our nb seminar here in manila last June 2016, within the 45 days required, we sent our full application properly (many thanks to your blog btw!) but its been 3 days since fedex confirmed that our package was received at the NB office but we havent received an official email from them... is it normal not to get at least a confirmation that our package was received by NB already? The waiting game is killing us!

-Maika

JustPJ said...

Hi sarkangel, I will do that post 1 day. I am just so busy with work now.

Hi Danny, sorry I do not have. You can just post your question(s) here and I will gladly answer them.

Hi Maika. One of our batchmate did not receive his AOR and all went well with his app. I know how you feel but for as long as someone received and signed your app then you are good. Just the waiting thing really is a headache, LOL.

Unknown said...

Hello! I love reading your blog! This is kinda odd but may I know how long did you wait for your Passport with PDOS sticker on at CFO Manila? On the same day after the seminar, right? My hubby's departure to Canada is a day after his PDOS. I'm kinda worried about his timeline.

I would appreciate your response. Thank you!

JustPJ said...

Hi D. Del Rio, the PDOS sticker is on the same day of the seminar. All the best.

Mark007 said...

Hi, i've been reading your blog for a while now and it is very helpful for me and my fiance's plan of going there once we get married. Just a question though, do you or you're husband already have job offers when you get there? Thanks!

Mark007 said...

*your

Mark007 said...

Hi, another question. Why do you still need another P700k+ as mentioned in you other post? Is it also part of the requirement aside from the settlement fund?

JustPJ said...

Hi Mark007. No job offer yet. You have to go through the invitation, nomination, and permanent residency application, land here and find a job. The money is to complete part of all our settlement fund.

Unknown said...

Im glad I ead this post. Noted po ito hehe
I thought at first dapat meron Fil Community na magaassist sau dun at mas makakabuti, so much better pala na on our own na lang ang exploration at settling in. Thank you so much! I am very thankful for your posts! God bless you!

JustPJ said...

Hi Yham. Thank you and all the best.

Anonymous said...

Hi PJ,

I'm glad i found your blog, the information you have given is very helpful, i read all your post and I shared it to my wife. Anyway, i have questions if i may, we just got our COPR and visa, we are thinking of moving to Moncton instead of Fredericton, do you have any information you can share to us about Moncton?

Thank you and hope to hear from you.

Regards,

J

Anonymous said...

I read this blog a couple of years ago but only read this post now which is very mean-spirited. You were likely invited, to which you always have the option to say no, as you have pointed out above.
Also, may be spreading misinformation with the "i thinks". As for all things free, take free information with a grain of salt.

JustPJ said...

Hey you anonymous, where you on our shoes to tell us we're mean to tell the truth. Just be thankful you did not land first to experience what we have experienced. Blogging is always based on experience/s and no matter what you say, this is our experience. Or maybe you are not even a PNP to begin with, are you...??? Get a life and move on because we did, LOL.

Post a Comment