Tuesday, August 4, 2015 | By: JustPJ

Documents Checklist

Pursuing our Canada dream for our little R entails so much documentation, processing, payments and so on. Thus, as soon as we decided to pursue our Canada dream in April 2015, we started gathering our papers in preparation for PNP or ITA. Yeah, that is how positive we are because we needed this one chance for little R. Thus, setting our minds and hearts to it and believing that, through God's grace, nothing is impossible in making our dream into reality solely for little R.

I ask my friend google what are the documents we should prepare while we are still starting, registering, applying and still waiting for PNP or ITA and it course me to this link. This is a pdf file provided by CIC containing Document Checklist for Permanent Residence - Federal Skilled Worker Class which falls under IMM 5612 (10-2014) E. I do not know if this is the latest checklist but just the same we prepared our documents based on it. If and when there are still documents we missed out then at least we can provide them without the rush. The Document Checklist contains 7 pages so let us deal with it per page.


Page 1 of 7

Page 1 is merely an introduction with important guidelines as to collating and documenting your documents.


Page 2 of 7

Page 2 mainly contains the Forms List needed to be filled out by an applicant. I did downloaded and saved IMM 0008, IMM 5669, IMM 0008DEP, IMM 5562, IMM 0008-Schedule 3, IMM 5406, IMM 5406 and IMM 5476 for the purpose of answering them but I did not do it. I tried but I stopped, LOL. Too much information, too many questions to answer and it is causing me headache, LOL. It is true so I will just do it next time. I really have to so I will just copy it when ITA comes.:)

Comes now the Documents List No. 8, Travel Documents and Passports, also in Page 2. It says there: "Include only copies of pages showing: (1) the passport number; (2) date of issue and expiry; (3) the photo, name, date and place birth; and (4) pages showing any amendments in name, date of birth, expiration, etc." I believe I only have to scan (for clearer output) and print the first page of my passport and that of my husband since it says "copies only". I have yet to read if it is inclusive of those pages showing our travels abroad.


Page 3 of 7

Page 3 shows Proof of Admission which is not applicable to us. No. 9 Proof of Language Proficiency, original copy. So, I have to send the original copy of my IELTS result to CIC. Nos. 10 (Letter of Attestation or Official Transcripts - for PhD) and 11 (Arranged Employment) are both not applicable to us.


Page 4 of 7

Page 4 at No. 12, Work Experience through Letter of Reference from my employers for the last 10 years, either past or present. I have read that I can either get a Letter of Reference or a Certificate of Employment (COE) which is okay for as long as it is a detailed one as stated above. I am the principal applicant and my NOC is at 1242. At first, I was having problem getting a COE with my past employer, FTC, since they only issued to me a pro forma COE in April 2015. Another problem is that I am under FTCs payroll but were actually assigned to the group's legal department, OGC-LTGC. Worse, FTC told me that they have a change in management so they cannot give in to my request. Thus, I executed an Affidavit attaching therein my payslips, ITRs, IDs, etc. to attest that I have worked with FTC seconded to OGC-LTGC under NOC 1242. I intend to submit this, if ever, to CIC but  I realized it is too bulky. So, I again tried to request for a detailed COE through the help of an officer of the group. Luckily, the officer-in-charge signed my COE but to the extent only of my position, number of hours work, salary and to where I was assigned. This COE is way better than the first one they issued. What I did next is I contacted and requested one of our Senior Counsel of OGC-LTGC to sign my detailed COE which I sent to him via email. Without second thought, my former boss signed my COE minus the salary. So, for my past employer for 8 years, I will have two COEs. I already have a Letter of Reference with my present employer for 4 years under the same NOC. Problem solve with No. 12. Thus, we will be sending "copies only" of my work experience with CIC.

At No. 13 also of Page 4, Canadian Educational Credential or Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report. It says I have to send the original copy of my ECA report along with proof of the foreign educational credentials as proof of my education. I have to ask my co-forumers if the diploma and transcript of record (TOR) must be both original or certified. Oh, and I need to request for a copy of my TOR with my school because the one they send to WES is a new version of TOR, that is with picture attached to it. I have an original TOR with me given in year 2000 but to prevent any delays in the future I believe I need to get a new original TOR with my school.


Page 5 of 7

Page 5 at No. 14, Proof of Relationship in Canada is not applicable to us. At No. 15, Settlement Funds, I have to make another post for this category but we do have a Settlement Funds as provided in the Proof of Funds in CIC website. At No. 16, Identity and Civil Status Documents, we already have original copies of our birth certificates and marriage certificate. I have yet to know if we miss something like a document showing the change of my maiden name to my husband's surname.


Page 6 of 7

Page 6 at No. 17, Children's Information. Well, not applicable to us.:( At No. 18, Police Certificates and Clearances. I have read that, in our country, an NBI clearance will do. However, if you are in another country you need to obtain a police certificate from that country plus an NBI clearance here in the Philippines. We already have an NBI clearance and we need to submit an "original copy". At No. 19, Photo Requirements. We will do this once we receive ITA. At No. 20, Fee Payment. I still have to do a lot of reading on this category since I know there are two Government Fees we need to pay: (1) Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) at CAD$490; and (2) Filing Fee (FF) at CAD$550. Total RPRF of CAD$980 and a total FF of CAD$1,100 for me and my husband. We intend to pay the RPRF through my credit card and the FF through bank draft or money order. We will deal with this in ITA stage.


Page 7 of 7

Lastly, Page 7 at No. 21, Mailing Your Application, LOL. We will come to this point. I know we will. For now we wait and be prepared. Good vibes only because we believe God will provide.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Hi JustPJ,

Congrats and thank you very much for the blog, it has been very helpful and inspirational. I'm on the Canadian dream myself, I got 357 with CRS calculator and although CRS ITA have reached a minimum of 431, my score is way too low and as you said to add 7 to up to 15 points through improving language grades or even a husband ECA is too expensive and probably not useful either. I'm single, so I dont have that option anyway.
My questions are, what would you include as detailed information on the COE? I already have something that might work but are more standard documents with basic information as position, time and duties.
What did you do in the end to have the proof of funds. In a past entry you said you don't have them (I have the same issue, I'm thinking lend some money. Apparently you have to show a last 6 months bank statement, so probably is better to do it in advance). Sorry if the question is too personal or if you talk about it later...I haven't read the full blog yet, I'm following the history as my own :)

Hugs,
Ann

JustPJ said...

Hi Ann. It is best for you to read some more coz it is posted here as we level up in our application. With regards to COE, just follow CICs format and you will never go wrong about it. Good luck.

Post a Comment