Wednesday, August 26, 2015 | By: JustPJ

Positive Vibes, No More Bitterness

Okay, so I admit I have been bitter for the past days when everyone in Canada Visa Forum is getting an ITA except me. Oh, I cried especially that I am under Second Priority too. Please don't be pissed with me. Just understand why I really wanted this ITA from NB PNP, it has always indicated in my previous blogs.

Anyway, just a recap, I have sent my EOI on 11 August 2015 to NB PNP with NOC 1242. You will see in my last post the NOC Code that were so lucky to have been given an ITA from NB. And, I have to put it here that the demand NOCs for NB PNP are as follows:

Table 1: Given the large number of EOI received so far, we will accept applications from professionals with experience in the following occupations:

  • - Information technology: programmers, analysts, technical customer support, sales
  • - Business analysts
  • - Retail trade managers
  • - Hospitality managers, chefs with formal professional education
  • - Manufacturing managers
  • - Industrial mechanics
  • - Industrial electricians
  • - Bookkeepers
  • - Translators (English-French)
  • - Financials analysts and accountants (certified in Canada) [See Here]

Thus, I actually planned to change my NOC but my dilemma comes in getting the maximum score of work experience in NB PNPs EOI. I have asked my co-forumers: genuinelyjenny and fjd2011 about it. Both of them received ITAs. fjd2011, has already sent his application and has received an AOR from NB PNP since he is from June applicant. According to him, he has a consolidated work experience from different NOCs. Amazing, isn't it? So, I can change my NOC. That is my Plan B. I will change my NOC and submit another EOI in September. I am doing NOC 1242 and NOC 1311 in my present work with a 4 years experience and NOC 1242 in my previous job for 8 years. With this, I can still get the maximum score of 15 points in the Work Experience category of NB PNPs EOI.

I told this plan to, Sandip13, a co-forumer from India. Both our NOCs are not in the priority of NB PNP. He, however, told me that he just received ITA last 21 August 2015 after calling NB PNP. He advised me to not change my NOC but instead call NB PNP first to follow up on my EOI.

Thus, on the night of 24 August 2015 at 9:45 PM, after coming home from a vacation, I called right away NB PNP. It is also 24 August 2015 in NB but at 9:45 AM. I dialed PLDT 108, an International Operator Assistance in the Philippines. I was debating in my mind which number to call in NB. Is it the General Information or call directly Sir Jake? Sir Jake is one of the speakers who conducted Information Session here in Makati City last 17 July 2015. So, General Information's Number is (506) 453-3981. Same number as the Administrative Assistant of Population Growth Division. I opted to give the PLDT Operator the number above since in our country, there is a hierarchy in everything. Receptionist first then Secretary then the boss. However, the PLDT Operator asked me whom I am calling. Oh, my bad, I only know the full name of Sir Jake so I do not have any other recourse but to tell Sir Jake's complete name.

I am really expecting that the PLDT Operator will pass to me the call once she dialed the number I gave her but no, LOL. Once the other line answered, the PLDT Operator says: "This is a long distance call from the Philippines for Mr. Jake A___." Oh my, I don't think I can talk directly to a boss especially he is from Canada. Then the Administrative Assistant says: "Okay, hold on." That is the time the PLDT Operator pass the conversation to me and directly to Sir Jake. LOL, I was so tense because this cannot be done in the Philippines.

Then came the voice of Sir Jake. I am in the height of panicking, praying he will not get offended because I called but then I said: "Good morning, Sir Jake. I am calling from the Philippines to follow up on my application." What comes next brought my blood pressure down, LOL. He said: "Oh, okay shoot." Imagine. I am really amazed because I have been doing Secretarial work for the past 10 years and talking directly to a senior officer or to the boss is a no, no, especially if through a telephone call.

Anyway, Sir Jake really answered my question. He even look unto their database to find my name and NOC. I told him I attended an Information Session which I know it is recorded on their database. He told me to give them time since I only send my EOI on 10 August (11 August in the Philippines) and usually they send out ITAs 2-3 weeks after receiving an application. He even asked me what is NOC 1242 and I told him it is a Legal Administrative Assistant profession. He can say directly to me that it is not in their demand NOCs but he really chooses the right word maybe for me not to take it negatively. He said: "As of the moment, we are still sending ITAs to different NOC but rest assured that we will prioritize those who attended an Information Session." There, all the bitterness I felt in the past days slowly fade away. In addition, he told me to wait until the end of August for an invitation. If and when I did not hear from them, he advised me to send another EOI until such time they send ITAs under my NOC code.

Since this is my chance to ask regarding the work experience category, I asked Sir Jake how to get the maximum score in it. He says: "It doesn't matter what NOC you have for as long as you have a continuous work experience for the last 10 years then you will get the maximum score. Just be sure to provide proof of your jobs." I am elated with this good news especially talking to someone from NB. At least I got the right answer.

So there, positive vibes only no more bitterness. Our time to get ITA will come through God's grace.

6 comments:

Ben Alagnam said...

Hi PJ, Thank you for including my blog in your Blog List.

I hope it will help you and your followers on your application and know more about Canada. Let me know what can I help you with.

My Blog: http://www.memovingtocanada.blogspot.com

JustPJ said...

Hey Sir Ben, hahaha, I'm so happy, you've seen my blog. I got the idea of blogging our Canada Dream from you. I've seen your blog's url in P2C.

Thank you for all the inputs I got from your blog and to all seniors in P2C. It really helps a lot especially those starting their immigration dream in Canada. God bless.

cc-a said...

Hi PJ, questions:

1) What if I just had 5 and 7 months of work in a company, will I include this?

2) One of my previous companies was already closed and I can't locate the contact person. If they just changed company name and all. How can I justify that I worked with them for years if i can't get a COE? I just have my company ID with me. Will that suffice?

Thank you!

JustPJ said...

Hi cc-a. (1) Yes, include them still especially in CIC stage as they are very strict with work experience, NO GAPS, as they always say; and (2) Some of my batchmates executed an affidavit, others in the forum (if i remember what i have read) made a LOE about closed companies. You can attached your company ID in your affidavit or LOE (whichever you choose) and, if you are in the Philippines, printed SSS contributions. You can go to SSS website and log in from there, you can see the list of companies to which you have worked with. Good luck.

Wengthoughts said...

this gives me hope sis.

JustPJ said...

Hi hot momma. Just keep on chasing your dream. Good luck.

Post a Comment