Thursday, April 21, 2016 | By: JustPJ

Permanent Resident Visa On Hand

It is with much relief to humbly share with everyone that after more than a month from passports submission before VFS Global, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines, we finally, finally get to picked up our passports with visa stamped on it and our Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).



So, here goes the story. Just when we thought everything in our application went smoothly from NBPNP nomination to CIC PPR, the last of the trend left so much anxiety and pressure. Imagine waiting for more than a month thinking we still have to withdraw our provident funds with Pag-IBIG, attend a Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) which requires a passport with visa on it, plus this and that. And, I have been away with my dad and mom for 2 weeks now which is making me sad day by day. I know. I know. But, you see, we will be leaving soon and it will be years when I get to hold and hug them. I wanted so much to go home but I cannot with our PR visa stressing me on the side. Anyway, here is now our timeline:

NBPNP EOI - 3 September 2015
NBPNP ITA - 26 September 2015
Docs Sent - 20 October 2015
NBPNP AOR - 26 October 2015
Nomination - 8 December 2015

CIC ITA - 18 December 2015
Docs Uploaded - 28 December 2015
CIC AOR - 28 December 2015
Schedule 4/4a - 30 December 2015
Medical Passed - 6 January 2016
RPRF Payment - 27 January 2016
BG In Progress - 1 March 2016 
CIC PPR - 11 March 2016
PP Submission - 16 March 2016
CIC Final Decision - 15 April 2016
Visa On Hand - 21 April 2016

Everyday, I always go to VFS Global website and clicks on chat to inquire on the status of the return of our passports. I do that a minimum of 2 times a day. However, everyday VFS Operator will always reply to me that our passports is still on process with Canada Embassy Manila (CEM). Came 1 month, 15 April 2016 to be exact, I emailed CEM to inquire on the status of our passports. And, we are so happy that even if there is no reply from CEM, our PR Visa Application's Final Decision was approved in the afternoon of 15 April 2016. Again, I was expecting that in 2 days time (a Tuesday, 19 April 2016), our passports will be coming home to us but no, it took another 4 business days. Honestly, yesterday, I emailed again CEM, hahaha, I told them that it is already more than a month and 4 business days from PR approval and still no passports. Then came this morning. Sis genuinelyjenny message me on whatsapp, saying that their passports are now out of CEM and is due for courier on Tuesday (hehehe, sorry sis Jen, me and my big mouth). She told me to ask VFS Global again. My husband and I were actually in Waltermart, no, not Walmart yet, LOL, because of so much anxiety, I tried to contact VFS Global using only my Globe. Sadly, Globe was not behaving. I did entered in the chatroom but its connection says 3G (nope, not LTE) to E (error). Oh my heart, hahaha. So, we went home straight to use a more reliable internet connection.

I again clicked on chat at VFS Global website, the Operator will usually asked for the birthday and tracking number. Overly emotional but I was actually crying while chatting with the Operator because I was praying and talking to our dear Father God. I do not want to see anymore the replies so I just closed my eyes. Unknowingly, my husband is at my back waiting for the replies to come out. And yes, he was as tensed as me. Then he said loudly with so much happiness in his voice, "your application is ready for collection/pick up..." Waaaa, I am so happy, we hugged each other and we are both crying. It is indeed a very happy day today.



Then and there, we prepared ourselves to travel from Cavite to Manila just to pick up our passports, LOL. Funny, pick up time is at 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM and it is only around 11:00 AM when we received the good news. Oh, never mind, we will just wait. So, came almost 3:00 PM, we were already at VFS Global. Good thing we were early because we were part of the 2nd batch to enter (seniors are priority, LOL) VFS Canada. The line is long which only means that there are backlogs. Why? Because some of our co-applicants gets there visa only at 2 weeks, ours is more than a month so maybe that is the explanation of the long line or I maybe wrong. Anyway, when you get your PR visa, you know the drill, do your selfies, LOL, here's ours:



Happy Graduation to us, LOL. Little R, this is for you. Mama and Papa are coming for you. A little more little one. A little more.

Tomorrow, 22 April 2016, we will try to apply for the withdrawal of our provident fund. We will just execute a Special Power of Attorney just in case we cannot go to PagIBIG to claim it. On the other hand, we will be attending our PDOS on Monday, 25 April 2016, go home to the province and just hug my parents tight and of course pack our things.

Now, at least, we can breath, we are very grateful for an answered prayer for the nth time. Thank you, Lord. No more cry baby when it comes to our Canada applications. Just so much greatness and relief. It was indeed an overwhelming day. All glory and praise to You our dear Father God.


7 comments:

Ruru said...

Wonderful news! I'm overjoyed for you and your husband! When do you plan to leave for Canada?

Unknown said...

Congrats! I've been reading your blogs for quiet some time. And it's like watching korean drama, I am eager to know how your story will end up. And yes, it's a happy ending story. Like you, I am planning to migrate in Canada, and reading your blogs served as my guidelines to achieve the same as yours.The efforts and time you have exerted is now paid off. It didn't reached a year to achieve that golden PR Visa. Looking forward to read you blogs about your Canadian living. Godspeed!

JustPJ said...

Thank you Ruru and eloi for your kind words. Need to fix a little more before we fly and land to the maple leaf but it would be soon. We cannot wait to start our journey to being called a family, then and there can we say that our Canada dream is a successful one but we are getting there. Let's keep chasing our dreams. :) God bless to you both.

Jenny said...

I'm touched by the story behind your Canadian dream. I hope your little angel will come soon! God bless!!!

JustPJ said...

Hi Jenny. Thank you very much. God bless you too.

Anonymous said...

Hi po...I screenshot the days how ur processing is done...ur an inspiration to me...especially that I really wanted to be with my children and the only hope that I have while giving them the better future is our canada dream...thank you for inspiring us and with the accompanied quote that just be patient and God knows what u need,inspire me and motivate to move forward...as of now just waiting for my ielts....again thank you...Godbless!!!

Anonymous said...

Reading from Nigeria. Congratulations!

Post a Comment