Sunday, June 21, 2015 | By: JustPJ

ECA Report Timeline and Result

This is a continuation of my blog post on Educational Credential Assessment. This post will deal on the processing side, tracking of couriers and the result of my ECA report.

On 30 April 2015, I went home to Baguio City to request for my original transcript of record with my school. It felt good to finally visit my alma mater, Saint Louis University, after 15 years.:) I went directly to the Registrar's Office and I am overwhelmed that they actually know what ECA, WES and Canadian Immigration so I do not have problem explaining this and that to them. They even ask me for the form from WES, the International Transcript Request, to which I gladly handed it to them. My school signed Letter B of the form below and send the same to WES along with my original TOR.




Sadly, it will take them 15 days to process my request so I went on to pay the amount of Php1,455.00 for the express mail service. Much cheaper than going back from Manila to Baguio City and vice versa. ETA to reach WES is on 22 June 2015.

After processing my TOR in Baguio City. I went home to Manila and on 4 May 2015, I sealed the photocopy of my diploma with my WES Reference No. written at the back of the paper and on the envelope. I paid the service of LBC for an international courier fee of Php1,330.00. My personal ETA guess to which it will reach WES is on 11 May 2015 but it only took 3 days (7 May 2015) for LBC to deliver my diploma to WES as shown by the series of my tracking results below. WES also confirmed receiving my initial document on 8 May 2015 through my account in their website.




Now, with regards to my school, I actually forgot to ask the name of the registrar officer and her contact number. I asked my friend Google for the website of SLU, luckily an email address in the registrar's office is available. So, I emailed the registrar hoping they will reply and they did. Happy me. SLU confirmed sending my original TOR to WES on 11 May 2015 or a processing of 7 working days inclusive of Saturday. Thus, my personal ETA guess to reach WES is on 18 May 2015 but it took Canada Post to deliver my TOR for 8 working days or on 21 May 2015 as shown by the tracking results below. WES, however, did not acknowledge receiving my final document but changes my married name to my maiden name so it was safe concluding that they have actually received my TOR.



I am not done yet with the tracking and waiting game because, as per WES website, I have another 20 days to wait for them to finish evaluating my school credentials, LOL. The good news is that I received an email from them on 8 June 2015 or 12 business days saying that they have completed their evaluation and that based on my school credentials (diploma and TOR) for a four-year Bachelor of Science in Commerce Major in Banking and Finance in Saint Louis University, Baguio City, Philippines, the Canadian Equivalent of which is a Bachelor's Degree of three years (same as my initial evaluation). I received the original copy of my ECA report through UPS on 18 June 2015 as shown below.



I am done with one basic requirement but I need another important requirement to be able to lodge my express entry profile with CIC, the result of my IELTS.

8 comments:

nancy john said...

Plenty of employment opportunities available in Canada made the migration common and so it is high in demand. If people are willing to pick Canada for employment purpose, then you need a proper guidance because of the tedious application process

Tips for writing for job in Canada

JustPJ said...

Thank you Ms. Nancy.

Unknown said...

Hello JustPJ,

I just want to ask what if i still have my original TOR with me, do you think it is possible that I will bring it to my school and they will send it to WES for evaluation? And the one I will be requesting is for future purposes 😊😊😊

JustPJ said...

Hi Ellaine. You cannot do that coz your school needs to send your TOR to WES as per their website. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Hii PJ, I am trying to send my documents to WES for Canada immigration, please do I also need to send my Secondary School result as well or just my Dgree obtained from my university

eufrene said...

hi.. your academic records show maiden name or did you have it changed to married name? and what did cic accept?

Unknown said...

Hello Sir

i am wants to confirm that which student id we put in WES from that should be relates to Older institution id or our latest.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Is it necessary to send a photocopy of diploma to WES? I thought only original transcript is required. thanks.

Post a Comment