Monday, June 22, 2015 | By: JustPJ

IELTS Timeline and Report

In my opinion, taking the IELTS exam is the most difficult part of the 2015 EE FSWP. 

Imagine consuming 1 month to review not to mention all the stress and panic mode I have to deal with especially that I am the nervous type of person. Oh, and did I not remind you it is worth Php8,900.00. That is a big amount! Hah, at least I can share to you that I passed my IELTS exam on my first try after all my crying moments, LOL.

I took my speaking module test on the 27th of May 2015 at Salustiana D Ty Tower, Makati City. My interviewer is a Chinese woman with a very good accent.:) I was amazed by how she speaks and was intimidated actually, LOL. But she is very nice, thank you Lord. She was actually guiding me in the interview especially when I stop talking for a second or two. I mean, she will continue to ask question so I will have to continue talking. I think in speaking test, what they really like is for the IELTS taker to just talk and talk in the 11-15 minutes time frame. Note that your speaking test are recorded and this will be sent to IDP Australia for further evaluation.

The listening, reading and writing modules were all scheduled on the 30th May 2015 at the Rizal Ballroom of Makati Shangri-la Hotel, Makati City. Please bring your jacket when taking your exam because you will really shiver not in nervousness but in the full blast aircon of the hotel.

I really felt bad in my exam day. In my listening test, I have a hearing problem on my left ear. I called IDP Philippines Makati and informed them about it but I was too late to call them. They required me to provide a medical certificate but my doctor is in Baguio City so I cannot provide them with it for only 5 days left before my exam. As predicted, and since I practiced using a headphone, I did not hear the passages clearly because the speaker is located at the left side and I at the second to the last row of more or less 500 IELTS test takers. What I did, I turned my chair and myself facing my co-test taker and my right ear fronting the speaker. Problem solved. Good thing, no one confronted me.:) Bad thing, I already missed some of the passages.:(

In Reading module, on the other hand, I thanked Father God that the composition of our exam is mostly the fill-in the blank type. During my practice tests, I really got confused with the true-false-not given/yes-no-not given sections of the reading module. Also, the multiple choice, funny, but yes, I have troubles with the a,b,c,d choices.:) And guessing an answer is not an option for me but is the right thing to do when you does not know the answer. It is a must for test taker to never leave a number without an answer to it. Guess the answer, it might give you an additional point.:)

Writing module? Well, I am a blogger, in my work I usually do writing, so I really felt bad with my score. So the tip here is practice writing not less than 150 words in Section 1-Letter composition and 250 words in Section 2-Essay. Why? Because I failed to reach 250 words in my essay just when I thought I am done. I counted my essay 10 minutes or less out of the 60 minutes time frame and I failed to reach it. Minus points to me.:(

Done with the IELTS exam but the waiting game for the results of it made me a crazy freak. I know it is not normal but I really wanted to pass my IELTS and advance to the next stage of our EE FSWP. I even cry out praying to our Father God that He passed me on my IELTS exam. Who does not want to pass? Who wants to pay another fee of Php8,900.00? Certainly not me so praying is really my greatest weapon here.

During our exam, IDP Philippines Makati announces that we can view the result of our exam after 13 days here. But after 13 days, 13 June 2015 to be exact, or the day after that and the day after it, no result has ever popped out in said website. Imagine the agony I again encountered. I was crying to my husband. Oh, I know I am very emotional, I know I am not alone.:)

On the 16th day of June 2015, my husband woke me up at 5:30 AM with a big smile on his face and with a cellphone on his hand. Hahaha, I know from that smile I passed my IELTS exam and I was right. The results are there showing me the following: Listening - 6.0, Reading - 8.5, Writing - 6.0, Speaking - 7.0 and an Overall Band Score of 7.0. Thank you, Lord.

So, when I went to Makati to work, I also went to IDP Philippines Makati to pick up the original copy of my IELTS Report Form as shown below.



Finally, as I have said in my previous post: practice, time yourself and pray. That is the formula of passing your IELTS exam.

12 comments:

JustPJ said...

Good luck on your IELTS karuvarasan. :)

Unknown said...

hi..is speaking interactive like Q&A or you are just given a topic and talk about for 15mins?

JustPJ said...

you will choose your topic. there is a card you will pick but the interviewee will read the topic and off you go. tip, just keep on talking because the answer to the topic will mostly be based on personal experiences. good luck.

nancy john said...

IELTS is very important for those people who need to Study In UK . IELTS test methodology is really awesome. I agree that one should pass this test to be able to communicate in UK English. 

Good IELTS Band

JustPJ said...

Thank nancy john. :D

Unknown said...

Hello Ms. Just PJ, I finished reading your blog and would like to say congratulations! question, how did you compute your score (68) in new brunswick? it seems we have same score in most of criteria except in language. you said you got Listening - 6.0, Reading - 8.5, Writing - 6.0, Speaking - 7.0 , what's the equivalent of your score in language? Thanks!

JustPJ said...

Hi Msdoha, did you already send your EOI. My score for language is 20. You have to convert you IELTS score to its CIC CLB level. Then from CLB you will its equivalent in the EOI. Example from my score: L-6.0 (CLB 7) (EOI 4); R-8.5 (CLB 10) (EOI 6); W-6.0 (CLB 7) (EOI 4); S-7.0 (CLB 9) (EOI 6). Total the EOI equals 20. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I am preparing for IELTS preparation & looking forward to get admitted to USA top university. I really enjoyed your blog and definitely share with friend. Thanks

Top Speaking Strategies for the IELTS Test

Anonymous said...

I work with many 'highly skilled' migrants. Doctors in fact. And I can assure you that the requirement for an English language test is entirely necessary. I think you'll find you have to sit the IELTS test if applying to work in the UK or US as well.

Top Speaking Strategies for the IELTS Test

kitenashi said...

thank you for sharing you Cambridge IELTS review material...i am still waiting for my results in July 8 but your blog and your materials helped a lot. Crossing my finger to pass it!

kitenashi said...

Hiii...thank u so much...got my IELTS overall 7.5 score... thank u for the cambridge review materials....

Unknown said...

If my ielts band score is 6.0, can i continue the process?

Post a Comment