Saturday, June 27, 2015 | By: JustPJ

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

I waited for the 11th draw of the CIC before posting about PNP. It is Saturday here in the Philippines and a Friday in Canada so the the 11th draw just happened on the 26th day of June 2015 (Canada time) and the result is this.

This is actually our first time to experience draws in the Express Entry (EE) pool since we just lodged our EE profile only on 16 June 2015. And, from the last draw standing at 469 points, our Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score is way to low to receive the golden Invitaion to Apply (ITA) from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). So, since the start of completing our basic requirements, I have been reading PNP programs offered by some provinces of Canada.

First, the province of Alberta is our choice of settlement because my husband has relatives in Edmonton and I have lots of close friends in said area. The sad news is that based on their website, Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP), we will only fall under Employer-Driven Stream which will mean that a candidate must have a valid job offer with Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) before a nomination will push through. So, AINP is crossed-out from the PNP lists.

Second, Ontario province is a good choice also because I have close friends and both of us have relatives there. However, Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (OPNP)'s website under its Ontario EE Human Capital Priority Stream, only gives PT Notification of Interest to candidates in the EE pool with minimum CRS score of 400 with or without job offer. Crossing-out OPNP from the PNP lists too.

Third, British Columbia province is okay with us. The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP), however, temporarily stops PNP intake for 90 days and will be open on July 2015 as instructed in their website. The old process of BCPNP intake of PNP is the same as AINP but we are hoping a much easier process by July like taking into consideration a candidate's EE profile.


Fourth, Manitoba province. Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), I think, provides a heartbreaking program for skilled workers without relatives and/or friends because a connection is a must as per their website. A job offer also is not necessary in MPNP. I scored more than 63 out of the minimum score of 60/100 in their initial assessment without providing a connection but when it goes to their CRS scoring I only got less than 250/1000 score. Why? There scoring changes in the CRS side making age, language and education lesser in points. Work experience is just okay but without connection is as good as failed because close relative will give a candidate a precious 200 points and 50 points for a friend or distant relative. MPNP also gives a -100 points in your score when you have relatives from other provinces. Thus, a crossed-out from the PNP lists.

Fifth, Saskatchewan province. We are under the International Skilled Worker Employment Offer Sub-Category of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) as stated in their website. A job offer is not necessary here but what is frustrating is that I lacked 1 point only, 59, to get the minimum score of 60 out of 100 to qualify me in this program. Again, crossed-out from the PNP lists.


Sixth, Prince Edward Island province, the smallest province of Canada. Under the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP), a candidate is required to have a valid EE profile which will qualify him or her to the EE Stream. A pdf document is available in their website where a candidate will provide his or her EE profile number and job validation code and answer why they would like to immigrate in PEI. This document will just be sent via email to PEI. We have seen PEI through my friend Google and there is no problem with the place, we actually love it, but I am just hesitant to send my document because I do not know the statistics of job opportunities in the island.


Lastly, New Brunswick province. My score stands at 68 out of 100 in New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NB PNP) under their NB EE, the website, which qualifies me in this program. NB PNP only accepts application through email every 1-15 of each month. I plan to apply on 1st July but I have also to be fast in sending my email because it reach its cap in hours the first time they open in June 1. We pray that my application will go through because we also love the place plus it is near Toronto and the US.


Bottom line is, we need a PNP nomination to have an additional 600 points in our CRS score. If this happens then the golden ITA will surely be in our CIC mailbox. We know that we just lodged our EE profile and there is no need to rush but we also believe that we need to be productive in our application to reach our Canada dream not for ourselves but for our little R.




7 comments:

Unknown said...

really good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend shubodh, kolkatta,i have read atleast nine posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your site gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, Canada Express Entry latest Draw

JustPJ said...

Hi Srinath. I am so happy my blog is helping you in anyway. I wish you the best in your Canada dream.:)

Unknown said...

Hello, I have followed your journey in P2C and eventually read your blog, like you I also have the Canadian dream; from what I've searched, I can also qualify in Nova Scotia NP. Just wondering why Nova Scotia is not included in your list? Just curious if there something in NS that you don't like?
Thank you and congratulations!

JustPJ said...

Hi mheldromzo, I did not include NSNP because it is paper based, LOL, and sad part is I do not belong in their demand NOC so I just crossed out NSNP. Good luck to you.

Unknown said...

Thanks Ms. JustPJ, all the best!

JustPJ said...

NP mhelromzo8. All the best too on your application.

nancy john said...

I agree to a certain extent. People who come to work can contribute and improve society in a number of ways

Canada Points System

Post a Comment